Structure of an abstract
- Title: Write an accurate description of the abstract’s contents, particularly what was investigated. 10-12 words long (<150 characters)
- Authors: List those involved in conceiving, carrying out and writing up the study
- Main text: (Maximum length 2000 characters)
- Introduction or background: outline the gap to be addressed by the study.
- Settings: Describe whether Community versus hospital based.
- Aims and objectives: State the aim of your study, including study’s hypothesis.
- Methods: describe of the design of the study, subjects and measurements done
- Results: outline what was found. Use of charts, pictures and tables permitted but will deduct 300 characters
- Conclusions: state in about a sentence why you think your findings are important, and their potential implications.
- Deadline : 31st January 2023
- Send or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org;cc: email@example.com
- Submit in WORD format
- Submit only previously unpublished results
Submit the abstract only when you are sure it is in its complete and final form
Layout and format
Dimension WxH 841x1189mm
Poster boards 1000mmx2000mm Height
Presenters are responsible for posting work on boards before presentation
Content: Cover all Aspects of your work
Abstract, Introduction, materials, methods, results, discussion, conclusion, references
Recommended: Bulleted points, results should be displayed as figures/diagrams, title the statistical data, have a logical display, font size 14-Ariel, TNR or Helvetica.
Each presenter has a time slot of 20min (15min to present and 5minutes for questions and answers)
All oral presenters are advised to upload any slides or powerpoint presentations in advance.
Save file with Name and Presentation Number allocated.